Transfer requests allow employees to easily find qualified and available coworkers when needed. Employees can trade shifts or offer a remplacement with another employees in the same position.
By default, transfer requests must be approved by a manager. You can change this need in the "Settings" menu ➡️ "Employee Scheduling" tab
A) Requests menu
You can consult all current requests in the Request menu. When you take action on a request (approve or refuse) employees will be alerted immediately and the schedule will be updated.
B) Possible transfer types
Two transfer types are available to employees:
- Offer: An employee can simply offer (give) a given shift to one or more colleagues (see pink box)
- Swap: An employee may also request to swap one of his shifts with one or more colleagues
Shift Transfer types can be filtered from the scrolling menu (see blue box)
B) Transfer details
- The impact of transfer hours for each employee concerned is always displayed (see pink boxes)
- You can only receive transfer requests after at least 1 employee has accepted to replace a colleague. In this example, Sophia accepted the offer from Kevin.
C) Decision making
- Click the red “Decline the request” button or the green “Approve the request” button based on your choice
Note : Unlike Time Off requests and requests for availability, Shift Transfer requests do not allow for posting comments