You can set a rule when creating a time off to calculate the Public Holiday Pay for each employee. You can set the rule while creating time offs in bulk.
This feature is only available for Pro plan users.
A) Bulk Time Off Creation
You must first open the bulk time off creation window situated in the "More" button top right of the agenda.
B) Date and Length
- Select the date when you will pay the Public Holiday
- Select "Worked hours"
C) Calculation Rule
- Select "Public Holiday" and check "Paid"
- Select the date range that must be accounted for
- You can choose to divide worked hours by a predetermined number of days (i.e. 20)
- You can choose to divide worked hours by the number of days the employee worked during the interval
For example, in ON and QC, you must choose the proceeding 4 weeks and divide by 20 days. In BC, you will want to divide hours worked in the past 30 days by the number of days the employee worked.
A validation message will show up for you to review your action. Once you hit "Save" the Public Holiday will be created for all employees.
E) Reporting to Timesheet
On the day of the Public Holiday created, Agendrix will automatically create a time entry for each employee targeted. Only at that time will the number of hours be calculated.
The next time you export the payroll, the column "Public holiday" will show the number of hours resulting from the hours worked and the rule that you have set.