The Premiums module allows you to create shift premiums that can be added and calculated on your employees' shifts and time entries.
Here are 6 Things to Know About Premiums
1 - Premiums must be created by an admin
Only admins can create and edit the settings of a Premiums Once this is done, managers can add/remove premiums for shifts and time entries.
Here is an article on how to create a Shift Premium
2- These are the different types of shift premiums supported
- Time-based 4pm to 12am, 10pm to 6am etc.
- Day-of-the-week-based: Saturday, Sunday premiums (weekends)
- Position-based: Assistant-manager, team-lead premiums, etc.
- Location-based: For example, the Ottawa location could provide a premium to its employees because it is further away than the Montreal location.
- Employee-based: Sandra can have a premium automatically added to all her shifts, according with her individual employment contract.
- Start time/end time: If a shift start before/after or ends after X time, the premium is triggered.
These premiums can be automated with preset rules in the settings.
3 - Premiums can be added manually or automatically
During the creation process, the admin will determine if a Premium will be added spontaneously or automatically, based on predetermined rules.
4 - Premiums calculation types vary
Premiums in Agendrix are always calculated in "hours" (unitary) and not in currency. Here are the three different methods of calculation available.
- Apply the premium only to work hours overlapping the trigger
- Apply the premiums to the entire shift when some of it overlaps a premium trigger
- Apply a specific amount of premium, regardless of the work shift's duration
6 - Premiums can stack up
Work shifts are not limited to one premium only. All Premiums triggered will apply on the shift, as well as spontaneously added ones.